Friday, August 17, 2012

You can have it too.

This is Mel's  picture... I do not take credit for it.
Oh how I adore and waste tons of time on Pinterest! Hours go by and it only feels like minutes to me. Anyone else find themselves doing the same thing? There's just something relaxing about dreaming of DIY projects, food, future home ideas, fashion, and having all the time and money in the world to do everything I pin. lol. If you're not following me on Pinterest then you are missing out on some great repins, but you don't have to miss out anymore because you can see what catches my eye at http://pinterest.com/akmoran87/! You won't regret it because I have great taste. lol.  To prove it, I will share with you one of the recipes from my food board that I made this evening for dinner. Yup, I put one of my pins into action AND not only was it a success, it was a hit! The whole family chowed down. I even made some to bring to a couple at our church who just had their first baby. (Adorable baby btw) Ready for the recipe? It's called Crispy Southwest Chicken Wraps. It's healthy too! I found it over at Mel's Kitchen Cafe! This is just something she "whipped up real quick with ingredients she already had" LOL. I wish I was that good. Seriously though, you have to try this even if you have to go out and buy the ingredients. Just put it on your next grocery list. It's super easy and I will even leave you with a few tips that will make this meal even easier and better:

1. You can cook the rice earlier in the day since it only needs to be room temperature or warm and if you don't have leftover chicken just boil your chicken while your rice is cooking. Wala, longest part done.
2. Ever used a Pampered Chef Food Chopper? A.mazing! This baby will have your cilantro chopped within a few seconds. If you don't have one I would suggest finding a consultant and making them your friend. I seriously use it all the time. Not to mention it's an awesome stress reliever... those that have one know what I'm talking about. ;)
3. For those of you who aren't counting calories, try this with the new Mayo Chipotle Sauce. Awesome!

So if you try this recipe leave me a comment and let me know how you liked it. There's no way you can mess this recipe up if you just follow the directions. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment