Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Beer goggle moments.


My family has been through some tough times the last few months. Sometimes I tend to ask God, "Why?" Does anyone else do this? I'm sure we all have at sometime in our life but at the point of brokenness and being desprate for an answer I tend to feel so alone in the world. Now, I KNOW I'm never alone and it just seems that way, but it's hard to see outside of my selfish little world sometimes... it's like I have beer goggles on. To best describe it, it's the moments when everything around me is crazy, confusing, and giving me a major headache. I just can't see straight to the truth when I'm a hot mess.

The truth is:
God comforts me through my heartache and brokenness;
God has control of the chaos around me;
God gives me clearity when I am unsure;
And He will never leave me nor forsake me!

Psalms 9:10- Those who know your name will trust in you, for you, Lord, have never forsaken those who seek you.

Psalms 55:22- Cast your burden on the Lord, and He will sustain you; He will never permit the righteous to be moved.

Philippians 4:7- And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, will keep your hearts and minds through Jesus Christ.

Psalms 111:10- The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom; all who follow His precepts have good understanding. To Him belongs eternal praise.

So it really is okay to wonder why hardships keep coming after you one after the other, but it's improtant to know that God's got everything under control. In other words, He's got your back no matter what! Thank the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment