Thursday, August 30, 2012

Vegetarian Pizza Rolls

I made vegetarian pizza rolls for my family last night and everyone loved them. I got the recipe from my friend Becca. Instead of serving my family those yummy, unhealthy pizza rolls I tried this recipe for healthy, full of flavor pizza rolls. It's so easy. It takes about 20 mins. to prep and 15 mins. to bake... not bad.

Here's what you need:

1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 red pepper (chopped)
1 onion (chopped)
2-3 garlic cloves (chopped)
1 package of mushrooms (chopped)
Package of Won Ton Wraps
1 jar of natural pizza sauce
mozzarella cheese

Here's what you do:

Spray your baking sheet with cooking spray and lay out as many Won Ton Wraps that will fit onto the sheet. Then saute the red peppers, onions, garlic, and mushrooms with the olive oil until soft.


Once veggies are cooked to your liking, scoop about a tsp. of veggie mixture onto the middle of each Won Ton Wrap then cover the veggies with another Won Ton Wrap. Wet your fingers and squeeze the sides shut. Once they are all sealed up spray the top of the pizza rolls with cooking spray. Bake in the oven at 375 degrees for 15 minutes.


Warm up pizza sauce according to directions. Scoop about 1/4 cup onto plate and sprinkle with cheese. Enjoy!

I didn't add cheese to mine.
Some tips:

1. I used Nasoya All Natural Won Ton Wraps. You can find them in the produce department by the tofu food.

2. For all my Weight Watcher friends out there. Each pizza roll is 2 PointsPlus and 1/4 cup of natural pizza sauce is 1 PointsPlus. The pizza rolls are a good size and will fill you up pretty fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment