Sunday, March 20, 2011

Newest goal.

I often wonder if holding my tongue is God teaching me to be patient. When I get annoyed I don't hide my feelings very well. My face gives everything away, an open book. I should probably work on this but I feel I need to first get better at keeping some of my thoughts to myself.
In the last two days I've had two incidents where I had to stop and think about what I was about to say and how I could word it best. This is hard for me. I know God is working on my heart. I realize I am an example of who Christ is so I try my best but I fail to succeed at always doing the Godly thing. So I repent and learn from my mistakes but once in a while I get it right.
It's a lot easier to do what God wants me to when I am reading the Bible. So why doesn't this come naturally to me. I'll be honest, somedays reading the Bible doesn't even cross my mind. I pray everyday but hardly ever read the Bible except for Sundays at church. This is something I've struggled with my whole life. I have to change.

No comments:

Post a Comment