Monday, August 20, 2012

The fresh water.

Mondays are so much work. There's so much catching up to do from being on the go all weekend. Wouldn't you agree? Hubby and I had a stay at home date night with the Hunger Games and Pop Secret on Saturday and yesterday after church we went on a picnic and to the beach with my family. (That would include Mom and Dad Wags, Marie (sister), Tony (Brother in law), and their kids; Alex, Madilyn, and Jaxson.) I love living close to Lake Michigan! The guys went hiking while us girls went down to the water with all six of the kids. (Keep in mind that 2 of the 6 kids are nursing.) Of course we went down to the water without the kids' swim suits because we thought it was too cold for them to swim but we should have known they wouldn't care, they ran straight for the water anyways. Needless to say, they ended up swimming in their underwear. lol. Of course they were freezing when they got out but my mom said it's about memories. Here's proof of the daring children.


Miss Kylie (My middle child)
The freezing part. Very happy kids though.
I told my husband and sister, "I need a strong drink after that experience at the beach." Never again will I think it's okay to bring 6 kids to the beach without our husbands. What were we thinking? They had fun though and that's what matters. 



No comments:

Post a Comment