Sunday, August 7, 2011

Oh How He Loves Us.

"But the Lord said to Samuel, 'Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The Lord does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.'"

How many times do you check yourself in the mirror daily? How many times do you make a negative comment about your body? If you're anything like me it's too often. I am critical about my outward appearance when clearly that does not define who I am. I am an unique individual full of gifts that the Lord has blessed me with but I let my insecurities hold me back too many times. This is so silly to me when God clearly states that the heart is what matters. So I'm getting to the bottom of why I do this to myself...

I need to get over myself and being so concerned about what others think of me... So hard when this world is geared toward looks but that doesn't mean it can't be done. I need to be secure in who God has made me to be... live out the plan He has created me for. He does have a plan for me and I can't wait to unfold it... He IS working on me daily, molding my heart to look more like how He wants it to look.

Dropping all judgement and just loving others. Encourage one another. My challenge this next week is to compliment someone not only on their outward appearance but also on their character every chance I get. What will you do this week to encourage someone?

No comments:

Post a Comment